Clare Boat Club Blazer and Stash Rules:
- General Club Blazer: black blazer with yellow trim, Clare College crest on the pocket. Need to have rowed in Lent or May Bumps in order to be eligible.
- First Lents’ Crew: black blazer with yellow trim, Clare College and coronet on the pocket. Need to have rowed in a First Boat in Lent Bumps to be eligible.
- First Mays’ Crew: white blazer with hazard tape trim, Clare college and coronet on the pocket. Need to have rowed May Bumps ina first boat in order to be eligible.
Other symbols: Both Men and Women’s Captain’s are allowed Captain’s buttons.
Competing at Henley Royal Regatta will be defined by the Clare Boat Club Committee if and when needed.
You may continue to wear a certain blazer, even if you are no longer eligible – e.g you are eligible to wear a First May’s Crew as long as you rowed/coxed a first boat in a set of May Bumps.
Note: you can order blazers before having rowed in the Bumps competitions, but you cannot wear them before being eligible. It is also worth remembering that it normally takes 3-4 weeks to get blazers made at A&E Clothier, but during peak times (before the Boat Race, which is in April, and then before May Bumps) it will take considerably longer. It is also relatively easy to change the embroidery on the pocket and trim, so ‘upgrading’ a blazer will be fairly easy. [Please note, however, that the hazard tape trim is not allowed on black blazers]
Prices depend on the choice of fabric. The polyester one is £145, poly-wool (most people’s choice) is £169, wool flannel comes at £189 and the lightweight super fine wool is £320. The cost of the trim and badge are to be added to these costs.
The black bowtie with thin yellow stripes and the white one with thin yellow and black stripes are Clare College bowties, respectively winter and summer ones.
The bowties cost £16 for the polyester and £21 for the silk one.
- Clare Boat Club: Black with yellow crossed oars (it is not produced anymore)
- First Boat: plain yellow
- Henley: black and yellow equally thick stripes.
As for the bowties, the black tie with thin yellow stripes and the white one with thin yellow and black stripes are Clare College ones.
Prices are also £16 pounds for polyester and £21 for silk.
- First Boat: thin yellow and black stripes.
Price is £6.50
- First Mays/Lents: plain yellow
- General Clare College (although theoreticallycricket): yellow and black
Price is £39.50
- Clare Boat Club: a yellow ribbon is added ontop of the black ribbon
- Clare Boat Club wraps: plain yellow. It used tobe bought just after Clare Novices Regatta, when novices became seniorrowers.
Price is £17.95
- Clare Boat Club: Black socks with two yellowstripes at the top
The stripy black and yellow ones are actually rugby ones, but people do buy them.
Socks cost £7.50
- First Boat Mays: hazard tape and coronet, white shirt.
- Second Boat Mays: yellow trim, white shirt.